The Beetle and The Bard

A Noticeboard for the Town of Grimgate
Andrew

**An elderly man enters the tavern and approaches the counter where Ivy is wiping up some spilled ale**
"Excuse me miss, what is the name of this establishment?" He says as he takes a seat at one of the stools.
Ivy Murinae

Looking up in disdain, Ivy replies "this here is the Beetle and the Bard, the tavern of Grimgate sir... or did you not read the sign as you entered?"
**Pausing, Ivy takes in the gentleman's attire and judges him based solely on appearance.**
"Is there anything I can assist you with this evens? Maybe a room to stay in, or a drink or sustenance?" As she mentions this, she points to the items for purchase. "Or perhaps you would prefer to share in some town gossip?"
Andrew

"I'll have some ale please. In regards to the sign outside, there isn't one. That's actually why I'm here, I'd like to offer my services in making a sign for this establishment. You may have seen some of my work around town. I'm especially proud of the sign I did for the blacksmith."

The old man places a silver coin on the bench "for the ale..."
Ivy Murinae

Rolling her eyes, Ivy replies "those damned bandits! What do they need with a home-made sign for the tavern?! It was worthless!" She sighs in anger and disdain.

Picking the coin up, she puts it in the money chest, and pours the stranger their ale.

"Anyways, you mentioned you make signs.. I have seen the one out front of the blacksmith. Would costs be involved to have you make a new sign for the tavern? Or would simply paying you in ale and roast suffice?"

Handing over the ale, Ivy adds "... do you have a name friend?".
Andrew

"Forgive me Ivy, my name is Garret. While food and drink is a nice offer I'm unable to pay the tax man with my leftovers. My price for a sign is 10 gold pieces, this comes with iron forged chains to hang it up and stop any future scoundrels from stealing it."
The old man picks up the standard and takes a big swig, sets it done a smiles kindly at Ivy.
"That's some lovely ale"
Ivy Murinae

Smiling, Ivy says "well Garrett, you are not the first to offer services to the tavern for a cost. Unfortunately for you, I do not agree to a price until product is present. When you return with said signage, present it to myself, Heather or Auros, and we will determine its worth then. Thank you for your patronage and offer". Looking behind Garrett, Ivy eyes the next patron "NEXT".
Andrew

"Very well m'lady, I'll return in a couple days to show you the progress on the sign, perhaps then we can discuss price and what colour you'd like it to be."
Garret takes his time to finish his ale and then leaves with a friendly wave as he walks out the door.