A Tavern For The Town

A Noticeboard for the Town of Grimgate
Athane Felanur

I am a relatively newcomer to the town, called here by my faith and by the Demon Gate that resides here.

This town is a wreck, religiously, literally, economically, and socially.

To unite us in these trying times I would like to suggest as a community we attempt to start, or rekindle, a tavern or inn within the town. Generally a place to keep Ravens for messages, a place to stay warm and comfortable and engage with the community, a place to maybe eat a little and drink and spend some coin, maybe play games and generally bring some life to this small dead town.

I would love to hear what you all believe would be important for this tavern.

Personally I believe it needs a few drinks, at least a choice of two - perhaps a mead and wine - and maybe some basic foods such as bread - damper cooked over the fire or something prepared beforehand when time allows - and maybe even some more complex meals such as soup for larger events. This could be extended but as a base of supplies easy to provide and organise in town these would be a good start.

A couple places to sit and a bar or at least a table are the necessities to set this up, decoration wise perhaps some cloth hanging between some trees and above the area, perhaps red or blue? Suggestions welcome.
Athan Felanur Executioner of Mosath
Lodovicus Tzamarias

Indeed a fine suggestion Athane!
You should know that I recently had the council of Grimgate install a ravens nook on the outskirts as well as the installation of the new town noticeboard.
A Tavern would be a welcome edition, more often than not I feel the need for a drink when dealing with some of the people of this town.

I have heard of a craftsman who is selling bench seats in the small village of Tore-mina I believe he calls his store the Kay Mart, and was charging 60 gold pieces per seat.
Perhaps some willing members of the town could invest in seats to help get the tavern started. I have already ordered one myself which I will donate.
Lodovicus Tzamarias
Archmage of Idirsholas
Heir to the Throne of Fire
Ivy Murinae

Good evens Athane and Lodo

In recent weeks, a tavern was established, however it still requires some fine tuning.
The bar-keep, Heather Jooseberry, ran a great even of drinks and food at last meet.
The establishment still requires beautifying, however with time comes great reward - extra stools, storage and hanging clothes would benefit the surrounding area.

Also, I am not opposed to some gambling occurring within the walls of my tavern - would anyone be interested in a friendly round of poker? against yours truly? Tavern rules ;)

Please keep an eagle on on an upcoming post regarding the naming of said tavern.

Ivy